Despite several months of negotiations, after Saturday July 2nd, the Canadian Union of Postal Workers will be in a position to declare legal strike action, following 72 hours of notice. If strike action interrupts regular mail service, please note the following:
- Policy documentation and other mailings may be held temporarily by our office or by the Insurer in the event of a short strike action;
- Documentation may be sent to you by email in the case of longer strike action. If you are not confident that we have your most up to date email information, please call our office at (416) 234-9980.
- Please remember, premium payments are due to the Insurance Companies regardless of a Canada Post strike. As such, please be sure to contact our office to explore alternative payment options.
- Our office is able to accept payment through online banking from the major Canadian banks. If you would like to arrange payment by online banking, simply follow your bank’s instructions to add Cade Associates as a payee in your online banking system by searching “Cade” or “Cade Insurance”. When prompted for your account number, please enter your Customer Code, which is found on your invoice. If you ordinarily pay our office by cheque, you may use the online banking payment option without notifying us of the change.
- There are some circumstances where a registered letter is ordinarily required for correspondence. In those cases, where necessary, couriers may be used.
As always, should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call our office to discuss.