Home & Personal Property Insurance

Regardless of whether you live in an apartment, condominium, townhouse or detached home, the importance of proper insurance coverage cannot be understated.  Our knowledgeable staff takes the time to first listen… and then recommend.  We work with you to understand your specific needs and design a comprehensive package of coverages.

Tenant/Condo Unit

Rent or Own?  No matter what your situation, it’s important to insure your personal belongings, and safeguard your personal liability for accidental damage that may be caused to third parties. As a condominium owner, any improvements to your unit must also be properly covered. We will arrange coverage to meet your individual insurance needs.


Maintaining insurance to properly protect your investment and your family is a critical element of home ownership. Cade Associates will assist in the assessment of your insurance needs, as well as any special considerations such as high value items, jewellery, or liability exposures.

Seasonal or Secondary Home

A chalet near the ski hill?  A waterfront cottage, or a rental income property?  Each requires unique insurance coverages. Our office has extensive experience in both cottage and ski country and will craft a personal insurance package to fit your needs.

Personal Umberella Liability

The importance of having adequate liability coverage cannot be overemphasized. Personal Umbrella Liability insurance provides low-cost protection for your family against serious claims of bodily injury, property damage and personal injury (libel and slander).

Important things to consider:

What kinds of risks aren’t typically covered by insurance?

Be aware that residential policies often carry special limits of insurance on certain items. Make sure your own jewelry, artwork, wine or other collections of special value are properly covered. Please call us for more information.

What’s the best way to be prepared for making a future claim?

Have an inventory of the items in your home, especially those of high value, to ensure that your insurance policy carries the proper limits assists in efficient claims resolution.

Do I need to tell my insurance broker about everything I own?

Yes. Many policies carry special limits of insurance on certain items, such as jewellery. Please be sure to advise us of any jewellery, artwork, collectables and other special value items.

Will my home still be insured when we spend winter down south?

When water pipes freeze and break, it can bring chaos into the lives of homeowners. If you leave your home for more than four days during the heating season, be sure to shut off your water supply and drain your pipes and appliances or have a friend or family member visit every day in your absence.

An Independent Broker

Cade Associates enjoys long standing relationships with many national and multi-national insurance companies. As an independent insurance broker, we have access to broad product offerings and competitive pricing. Our personal customer service will provide you with a greater level of attention to your insurance needs.

Automobile Insurance

Automobile insurance is a heavily regulated product in Ontario. Cade Associates will evaluate your requirements for automobile and personal property insurance and work with the most appropriate market to suit your needs.

Maximizing Discounts

Most insurers offer discounting when automobile insurance is bundled with your home insurance provider. We will review the balance of your insurance needs to ensure you are obtaining the best, most cost effective coverage available.

Optional Accident Benefits

Ontario Automobile insurance policies provide ‘standard’ Accident Benefits limits, details of which can be found here. On your request, we are pleased to prepare a quote with increased benefits.

Seasonal Vehicles

If your car spends its summers riding, top-down, through the country but its winters wrapped up in a garage, we will help. We have several providers that accommodate seasonal vehicle use.

High Value & Collectible Vehicles

We are well versed in providing insurance for high value, classic and collectible vehicles. Trust Cade Associates to find the right market for your special car.

Have a Question? We can help.     Contact us >>